SMALL-SCALE TECHNOLOGY CERTIFICATES (STCS)
As of 1 January 2011 STCs (Small-scale Technology Certificates) are replacing Renewable Energy Certificates (RECs) for all eligible Solar or Heat Pump hot water systems.
The Small-scale Renewable Energy Scheme (SRES) does not provide a rebate and is not a rebate-based scheme.
Each product in the Dux environmental range has been assigned a STC value, and each STC represents a saving of one megawatt of electricity generated from fossil fuels over 10 years.
Once you have had an eligible hot water system installed, you can assign the STCs to a registered agent in exchange for reimbursement or discount off the price of the system.
- Systems must be installed before they can create STCs (Do not sign an STC Assignment Form until your system is installed.).
- You must be the owner of the system at the time it is installed.
- STCs must be registered within 12 months of the installation date of the SWH.
Dux Hot Water is a registered agent so therefore STCs can be claimed directly through us, contact us for more details 02 4868 0495, firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the application form below.
The Current STC rate is $35.00For more information call Dux Hot Water on 02 4868 0495
Victorian energy efficiency certificates (VEECs) are electronic certificates, each represents one tonne of carbon dioxide saved by installing a new energy efficent hot water system. Once you have had an eligible hot water system installed, you can assign the VEECs to a registered agent in exchange for reimbursement or discount off the price of the system.
The Current VEECS rate is $16.00
- You must be replacing a low efficent hot water heater with a new more energy efficent hot water system.
- VEECs are not available when installing a hot water system on a new building or dwelling.
HOW TO APPLY
Once the system has been installed you are required to fill out and submit the application form.
VEECS GUIDELINES AND APPLICATION
For more information about VEECS, visit Essential Services Commission