To register the warranty of your Dux water heater, please fill out the registration form here. This will ensure all your current details are registered with us for prompt warranty service if required.
Full warranty terms and conditions are in the product’s Owner’s Manual (“the warranty”), which you must comply with for a warranty claim to be honoured by Dux.
- Proflo Electric Storage (Large: 80L – 400L)
- Proflo Electric Storage (Small: 25L & 50L)
- Prodigy Gas Storage (4 Star)
- Prodigy Gas Storage (5 Star)
- Always Hot Gas Continuous Flow 17L, 21L, 26L
- Always Hot Gas Continuous Flow 32L
- Ecosmart heat pumps
- Ecosmart Electric & Gas Boosted Solar
- Radiant Electric Storage
The fault must appear within the defined time period, which commences from the date of installation (or manufacturing date of the unit if proof of the date of installation is not available) in order to be covered.
The benefits provided to you by this warranty are in addition to any other rights and remedies available to you under the Australian Consumer Law or the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (New Zealand).
Warranty Replacement (Outside Metropolitan Areas)
Where the Dux water heater is located outside the metropolitan area of a capital city and is more than 100km from a Dux office or Dux agent, the Owner will be responsible under the warranty for paying the costs of transporting the water heater and or any component in the water heater to and from an
approved Dux agent or Dux office (including any insurance associated with that transport), or paying the travelling time of an approved Dux agent to and from the owners premises.
The Australian Consumer Law (“ACL”)
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably
foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
If Dux fails to meet a guarantee under the ACL, your remedy for such failure may be limited to any one or more of the following:
- replacement of the water heater;
- repair of the water heater;
- refunding the cost of the water heater;
- payment of the reasonable costs of having the water heater repaired;
- payment in respect of the reduced value of the water heater.
Commencement of Warranty
The warranty period commences from the date of installation of the water heater. Where proof of the date of installation is not available, the warranty period commences on the date of manufacture of the water heater. This is shown on the compliance plate on the outside of the water heater. The replacement of the water heater, or a component of it, under this warranty does not change the warranty commencement date. The original commencement date continues to apply.
Exclusion and Limitation of Liability
In addition to any other provisions set out in this document and to the maximum extent permitted by any applicable law or regulation, Dux will not be liable for any claim:
- for consequential loss to any property arising directly or indirectly out of or connected to the installation of the water heater. This includes but is not limited to furnishings, carpets, foundations, housing effects and buildings.
- for any direct or indirect economic or financial loss of any nature.
- arising out of or connected to a water heater that has been resold or moved from its original installation location.
- arising out of or connected to any misuse, or other use, installation or maintenance that is not in accordance with the procedures and requirements set out in this document.
To the extent permitted by law the liability of Dux shall be limited to the cost of the repair or replacement of the water heater.
The warranty only applies to the water heater itself and the components supplied with the water heater by Dux. The warranty does not cover components supplied by others, including the installer.
The tank failure warranty does not apply if the water heater has been connected to a water supply where the Total Dissolved Solids content is greater than 2500 mg/L. These warranties do not apply to defects
that are a result of, without limitation, the following:
- failure to install the water heater in accordance with the installation instructions or statutory requirements;
- faulty plumbing or water supply including excessive pressure;
- faulty power supply;
- use of the water heater in a manner contrary to this manual or other instructions provided by Dux;
- alterations or repair of the water heater other than by an accredited and licensed service agent or technician;
- accidental damage or abuse.
If the water heater is installed in a position that does not comply with the installation instructions or statutory requirements, then this warranty does not cover major dismantling or removal of cupboards, doors, walls or special equipment and/or excessive labour, at the determination of Dux, to make
the water heater accessible for repair or replacement.
Claims for damage to furniture, carpets, walls, foundations or any other consequential loss either directly or indirectly due to defects of any kind in the water heater will only be met by Dux where the damage could be considered reasonably foreseeable and the water heater was installed in accordance with the installation instructions and all relevant statutory requirements.
How to Make a Warranty Claim
Warranty claims can be placed by completing the following steps:
- Contact Dux on one of the numbers listed below.
- Select the “Service” option followed by the “Hot Water” option.
- Provide the serial number and model number of the water heater. This can be found on the compliance plate on the outside of the water heater.
- Provide your full name, address and contact number.
- Provide proof of date of installation for warranty to commence from that date, rather than from the date of manufacture. See Commencement of Warranty
Please note, if the defect or fault is not covered by the warranty or guarantee, you will be responsible for the costs incurred by the service agent or technician.
Manufacturer’s Contact Details
Address: Dux Manufacturing Limited, Lackey Road, Moss Vale, NSW, 2577,Australia
Telephone: 1300 365 115 (Australia), 0800 729 389 (New Zealand)